We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. 30 student acts auditioned, and the following students were selected for the concert. Thanks to everyone for the great auditions!
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wed, November 8, from 1:30-4pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal will be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, November 9, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $5 sold at the door.
- Isabelle & Jenna
- Makkia & Arly
- Brianna Rojas
- Ander Loggshell
- Quinten & Carly
- Allana & Haley
- Melanie Gaboy
- Andrew Claure
- Moises Cuebas
- Mary Jane Scarlett
- Kathy Tran
- Stepping Braves
- Bailey & Olivia
- Ben & Clay
SHOW is November 9, 7pm
DRESS REHEARSAL on November 8, 1:30-4pm
Interested in auditioning for All County Chorus? Please prepare the excerpt using these materials. See the dry erase board in the chorus room for recording times after school this coming week. All auditions must be recorded by Monday, 11/6.
If you are selected, you will need to attend the following rehearsals and performance. When you audition, you are committing to these dates. It is not possible to miss any of these events.
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Tues Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Thursday, Jan 18 Thurs Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Friday, Jan 19 Rehearsal with Guest Clinicians, 8:00am-3:45 pm, Calvary Assembly Winter Park
- Jan 20 Sat 8 am Rehearsal and 10:30 am Concert at Calvary Assembly
All BHS chorus students will participate in Chorus Retreat on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Students will rehearse music in the morning, have a potluck style lunch, participate in team-building activities in the afternoon, and end the day with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
All students are expected to bring a food item for lunch!
Interested in chaperoning Candlelight 2017 dates with us this year? (Dec 5, 7, 28) If so, please visit this page and contact Mr. Doherty by email. In your message, you will need to list the dates you wish to chaperone and confirm that you have registered properly as a volunteer.
Do you know talented musicians at Boone? Encourage them to audition for Boone’s ACOUSTIC NIGHT! Auditions are open to all students at Boone on Monday, October 30. All styles of music are welcome!
For more information or to sign up, see the door of the chorus room, 10-168. The Acoustic Night show is on Thursday, November 9, at 7pm in the auditorium. Tickets are $5 at the door.
Questions? Ask a chorus student or see the choir directors in room 10-168
Students should be working hard on Candlelight music starting NOW! You will see which pieces we are planning to sing at each rehearsal below. BE READY with these pieces by that day. Also, plan to bring your own copy of music either on your laptop (PDF) or a hard copy of your own. Practice tracks and sheet music are available on the practice page.
- Shout for Joy
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Holy Night
- What Child Is This?
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Away in a Manger
- Rejoice with Exceeding Great Joy
- Silent Night (German)
- Joy to the World
- Il est ne (French)
- Hallelujah Chorus
Video of the fall concert is available here http://bit.ly/bhsfall17
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that Boone High School has been selected as an Honor Choir for the 2017 Candlelight Processional and Massed Choir Program at Disney’s Epcot Theme Park. Honor Choirs are selected from those ensembles that were ranked with the top 26 scores of those within the 6 counties surrounding the Walt Disney World Resort®.
Boone Chorus is required to perform a minimum of three nights with a minimum of 50 performers and a maximum of 82. Round-trip transportation will be provided for all of our performance dates between Boone and the Walt Disney World Resort®. Boone Chorus will also be provided an honorarium and special recognition in the Epcot Festival of the Holidays program.
What to do NOW
- Fill out the COMMITMENT LETTER for Candlelight. It is critical that you review the performance dates with your family and complete the form accurately. You will need to consider potential conflicts, especially athletics or family vacations.
- Study the music at home! You need to be well prepared for our first rehearsal on Tuesday, October 24.
Who is involved?
Only students who participated in the Disney Candlelight video audition are eligible to participate. This includes Concert Choir, Advanced Women, most of Men’s Choir, and select students from Belles Voix and Ladies’ Choir.
Performances at Epcot:
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 – 6:45 pm & 8:15 pm
- Thursday, December 28, 2017 – 6:45 pm & 8:15 pm
Mandatory Rehearsals for all Candlelight participants @ Boone:
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 2:30-4:30pm
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 – 2:30-4:30pm
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 – 9:00-10:30am
- Additional rehearsals will be added soon to the calendar in late Nov/early Dec.
Boone Chorus and Boone Orchestra will perform a FREE evening concert in the Boone High School auditorium on Thursday, October 12 at 7pm. Invite your family, friends, teachers, etc… Everyone is welcome. We are excited for choir and orchestra to share the stage for the first time!
- You can view the reminder letter for complete details. This was sent home on 10/5/17.
- Students should make sure to follow all the steps required to earn an “A”.
- All students will wear their new chorus tee shirts, solid black dress pants, and solid black shoes for this concert.
- Make sure you have a ride. Students who can’t go home and come back in the evening are expected to bring their uniform to school and stay until concert time. There is an after-school dinner program that students can utilize. Not having a ride is not an excusable absence. Carpooling is highly recommended.
Semester 1 PFC of $25 and uniform rental of $30 due for most students today. SchoolPay.com works best, but we also accept cash and checks made out to BHS. Students who sold items in the cookie dough fundraiser have a different timeline, if they need it.
- Pick up your items from our cookie dough delivery on Thursday, October 5.
- Deliver the items on Oct 5 or 6, and then bring in those funds on Monday, October 9.
- Also, please look up how much profit you earned on this fundraiser so that you can calculate how much you still owe, if any. Please make a payment for that as well.