Welcome to Appetite for Instruction

Play

The Innovation Office and Media Relations are excited to launch this new podcast. 

Have we piqued your interest? Want to know who we are and where we’re going with it?

Click the play button above to hear the introduction of what’s to come.

Meet your hosts:

Sara Au, Media Relations Manager

Sara Au runs the OCPS social media platforms and liaisons with our local news media. She previously ran the Partners in Education program (2010-2016), helping schools create meaningful relationships with businesses in their community. A graduate of Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Sara brings a wealth of journalism experience to the district with decade at CNN in Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York. She’s written three parenting books that have been published in a variety of languages, as well as articles for CNNMoney.com, Psychology Today, Huffington Post and Runner’s World magazine. While at CNN-LA, Sara contributed to the Emmy-winning coverage of the Northridge earthquake. From 2008-2011, she produced and hosted The Real Parenting Show with Dr. Pete & Sara podcast that was named “New & Notable” by iTunes. In 2015, she received the Adele Graham Award for her leadership and commitment to volunteerism in schools across Florida.  Sara has a passion for storytelling, especially about amazing accomplishments by OCPS students and teachers.

Renee Burke headshot
Renée Burke, Media Promotions manager

Renée Burke is a media promotions manager for OCPS. She taught at William R. Boone HS (1995-2017), and was JEA’s 2015 H.L. Hall Yearbook Adviser of the Year, the 2012 OCPS Teacher of the Year, 2011 FSPA Journalism Teacher of the Year, 2011 Gold Key recipient from CSPA, 2010 and 2000 Boone High School Teacher of the Year, and 2008 Dow Jones Newspaper Fund Distinguished Adviser of the Year. She advised the Legend yearbook and Hi-Lights newspaper for 20 and 21 years, respectively. Both publications earned CSPA Crown and NSPA Pacemaker awards. Renée has presented at countless national conventions and summer journalism camps helping others perfect their craft.

Prince LeBoo, Senior Administrator

Prince LeBoo is the Senior Administrator in the Innovation Office. He started his teaching career in Atlanta, GA. Prince worked for the DeKalb County School System for 16 years. During those years, he served as a regular third grade teacher, technology instructor, EIP teacher, and also served as an assistant principal. He transitioned into Human Resources and served as Recruitment Specialist and HR Manager. In 2016, Prince moved to Orlando and accepted the HR Senior Manager position for OCPS. He has a passion for teaching children and a passion for helping others. Prince is enjoying his education journey and looks forward to what the future may bring.

John Wright headshot
John Wright, Area Supt. Innovation Office

John Wright is the Area Superintendent of the district’s new Innovation Office. John is a former Language Arts teacher, grades 6-9, girls basketball coach, dean, assistant principal and principal. He opened Timber Creek High School in 2000 and served as the principal until 2012, at which time he became Executive Area Director for the East Learning Community (2012–14) and then the Area Superintendent for the North Learning Community (2014-17),  Area Superintendent for the East Learning Community 2017-18).  

John was Teacher of the Year at Meadowbrook MS, and selected as the district’s principal of the year by the district’s associations for media specialists and by the guidance/support services team.  He was the Florida Association of Student Councils’  Florida Principal of the Year and the Florida State Thespian Board of Directors Administrator of the Year.  John has presented at many national conferences on topics such as Positive Behavior Support/Restorative Justice, Service Learning and on Creating School Culture and Climate.

Skip to toolbar