Band Camp Checklist
- Turn in all your forms before the week of band camp if at all possible. If that is not possible, we MUST have it the morning of Day One. (Green and Orange forms)
- Make sure you are getting used to the heat prior to showing up.
- Start making sure you are extra hydrated the weekend BEFORE band camp. Once you start feeling thirsty you are already dehydrated.
- Eat a good breakfast. NO DAIRY!
- Wear appropriate clothing. Avoid heavy and/or dark clothing. Take steps to prevent chaffing. You must wear tennis shoes on the band field.
- All inhalers and Epi pens need to be “on” students at all times. Not in a backpack or duffle bag on the sidelines.
- Bring a large water jug filled with water (ONLY WATER) each day. NO ENERGY DRINKS.
- Apply sunscreen before leaving home. Bring extra for reapplication.
- A hat is advisable for outside times.
- Bring a change of clothes if needed. After the morning practice your clothes will be soaked with sweat. You will want dry clothes for the rest of the day, clear down to dry socks and underwear.
- Bring a hoodie or jacket just in case the sectional space is cool. After being so hot, the building sometimes feels cold.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water before and after practice.
Checklist of Items to Bring Each Day
- Music and Drill in folder or Notebook.
- Water Jug