If you would like to own a professionally recorded video of Spring Showcase 2016, you’re in luck! Diacom Productions recorded the Friday night concert using multiple video cameras. To place an order, please visit diacomproductions.com or open the order form below.
Chorus banquet is right around the corner… Don’t miss this fun end-of-the-year event! The date of the event is Saturday, May 14. Tickets to banquet cost $10/each ($5 for chorus seniors) and must be purchased in advance using the order form below. Our theme is Disney! All ticket orders are due on Tuesday, May 10. See the attached order form for all the details.
Advanced Women and Concert Choir will travel to Lakeland this week to perform at State Music Performance Assessments. At this prestigious event, distinguished choral directors will score and provide feedback to our groups. Choirs that perform at State are those that earned a Superior rating at District MPA.
- Permission slips are due back by Wednesday, April 27
- Students will need to arrange a special ride on the morning of Friday, April 29, so that they can arrive by 6:30am
- Bring money for lunch ($10 cash recommended) at the mall in Lakeland
Our FINAL concert of the year is approaching! The Boone Chorus Spring Showcase is next week and you have TWO chances to come see it! Shows will be Friday, April 22, and Saturday, April 23 at 7pm. Students received ticket pre-order forms today in class (unless they were SAT testing). Pre-order forms are due April 19th. General Admission will be available at the door as well.
This concert will feature the Little Organ Mass by Franz Joseph Haydn, an extended work written for choir and orchestra. Then you’ll hear special performances by each choir, and the annual Senior Song! We’ll present music from Music Performance Assessment along with new stuff.
We need you! We would love to sell out both nights. Please share the dates with friends and family. If you are a parent of a senior, encourage family members to come see their last performance of their high school career.
Tickets are $7 for General Admission and $15 for VIP. VIP includes a pre-show dinner, followed by dessert and coffee at intermission. It’s a great deal!
We need volunteers in the following areas. If you are available, please email me back and I can give you details.
- Food donations for concessions
- Tickets sales—5:30 to 8:00 either night
- House set-up—4:00-6:00 either night (probably won’t take that long)
- VIP room decorating— 3:30-5:30 Friday
- VIP room food service—5:00-8:00 either night
- VIP room clean-up—8:00-9:00 either night
Thank you all for your support of our students this year! We are excited to Showcase all their hard work for the school year.
Abby Noble and Jussi Doherty
“Rhapsody in Blue” by George Gershwin, played and directed by Leonard Bernstein.
Video 1. “Andalucia” by Ernesto Lecuona, played by Joel Hastings
Video 2. “Malaguena” by Ernesto Lecuona, played by Joel Hastings.
All chorus students will participate in Music Performance Assessments for high school choir in February. See the permission slip for complete details.
- Choose the correct permission slip!
- All permission slips are due Thursday, Feb 18.
- Chaperones (21+) needed! If you wish to volunteer, send an email to jussi . doherty @ ocps.net (remove those spaces) and make sure you have updated your online volunteer application for the current school year.
- View the whole high school choir MPA schedule here.
On January 29, 2016, all the men of Boone Chorus will participate in the 2016 Stetson Men’s Choir Festival under the direction of Timothy Peter, D.M.A., for a musical event designed to affirm the participation of young men in the vocal arts. This year’s vocal “athletes” will interact with dozens of other male singers from all over the State of Florida during rehearsals and social time. Music will be learned and performed in one day – no preparation is necessary… We have Mr. Johns’ firm support in this endeavor!