Dear Parents and Students,
Our FINAL concert of the year is approaching! The Boone Chorus Spring Showcase is next week and you have TWO chances to come see it! Shows will be Thursday, April 20, and Saturday, April 22 at 7pm. Students will have ticket pre-order forms today in class. Pre-order forms are due Monday, April 17. General admission will be available at the door as well.
Music will include selections by Queen, Frankie Valli, ABBA, The Jackson 5, Elton John, and much more. You’ll hear special performances by each choir, and the annual Senior Song! We’ll present music from Music Performance Assessment along with our new stuff.
General admission tickets are $7 at the door. A ticket presale includes *premium tickets* for $15, which includes preferred seating and a reception at intermission with sweet and savory hors d’oeuvres. Premium tickets are available only through the ticket presale order form given to students. It’s a great deal!
We need you! We would love to sell out both nights. Please share the dates with friends and family. If you are a parent of a senior, encourage family members to come see their last performance of their high school career.
We need volunteers in the following areas. If you are available, please email me at email@example.com and I can give you details.
- Food donations for concessions: 12-packs of soda, bottles of water, snack-size bags of chips, candy, cookies (for individual sale)
- Ticket sales—5:30 to 8:00 either night
- House set-up—4:00-6:00 either night (probably won’t take that long)
- Reception food service—5:00-8:00 either night
- Reception clean-up—8-9pm either night
Thank you all for your support of our students this year! We are excited to Showcase all their hard work for the school year.
Jussi Doherty & Sylvia Aycock
Jussi.Doherty@ocps.net | Sylvia.Aycock@ocps.net
Combined Men’s Choir at District MPA
All chorus students will participate in District Music Performance Assessments for high school chorus in February. See the permission slip for complete details.
- View itinerary
- Choose the correct permission slip
- All permission slips are due Friday, Feb 10.
- Chaperones (21+) needed! If you wish to volunteer, send an email to jussi . doherty @ ocps.net (remove those spaces) and make sure you have updated your online volunteer application for the current school year.
We kick off our Welch’s Fruit Snacks fundraiser tomorrow in class. If you would like to make a payment instead of participating, that can still be done TONIGHT on SchoolPay.com. If you do, please forward the email receipt to your director. All students with a balance will receive a carrier of Fruit Snacks tomorrow. See link for full details.
All students who have not paid their fees by January 17 will be issued a box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks as part of a fundraiser that will earn each student a $25 profit. Additional boxes can be sold for additional profit. All details will be announced when the fundraiser begins. If you wish to pay the balance prior to January 17, you can pay with SchoolPay, cash, or check to Boone High School. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your directors.
To find out how much you owe, click the link below and look for your Student ID number. They are listed in numerical order. For privacy, student names are not listed. If you have a zero or negative (-) balance, that means you don’t need to pay anything.
If you still have questions after reading these reminders, please look here and here for the details.
- Be in the bus loop at 3pm; buses depart at 3:30pm.
- You must wear solid white top, solid black pants (no leggings or jeans), black socks, solid black shoes. Remove all jewelry except for stud earrings. No bracelets, etc.
- It will be warm, so wear a white tee shirt or tank top.
- Sleep well, drink water, and eat a meal before the trip.
- You must ride the bus back to Boone with us unless your parent has already contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Do you have parents, friends, or other family coming to watch your choir perform? Make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get in line for the show. The line can get very long very quickly, especially for the most popular celebrity narrators.
- All guests will need to purchase admission to the park in order to enjoy the concert.
- You may only pick up your child at Epcot after the performance if you have contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Plan to pick up your child from Boone at 10:45pm. A reminder message will be sent out around 10pm with an updated ETA. The directors want to go home too, so please be ready for the pickup! Late pickup surcharges are applied to the last two students to be picked up.
The choirs of Boone High School come together for A Seasonal Celebration on Tuesday, December 13, beginning at 7 pm. This concert is FREE and open to the public. Selections include traditional holiday favorites to get you in the spirit of the season. Please see the reminder letter for all the details. Here’s the basics:
Dress rehearsal (normal clothes)
Monday, December 12, 2:30-5:30pm
Concert (in uniform)
Tuesday, December 13, 6pm call time, 7pm show
Permission slips for Candlelight are due before Winter Break, but please return them immediately. Students who are 18+ will need to do the Disney release for adults.
Students should be working hard to learn the following pieces by 12/1:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Il est ne’
- Silent Night
- Review “Hallelujah” and “O Holy Night”
Disney will begin performances of the Candlelight Processional right after Thanksgiving! Students and chaperones are advised to read these two updates from Disney. They’re actually very interesting.
Boone Chorus been selected to perform at Disney’s Candlelight Processional on Sunday, December 18. Our celebrity narrator is Jim Caviezel, known for his roles in Person of Interest (CBS), The Passion of Christ, and more.
All students who were in the Candlelight audition video must return the Candlelight Commitment Letter by Wednesday, November 2, whether you can perform with us or not.
All students should be practicing on their own at home regularly using the resources found here:
All members of Boone Chorus will perform a FREE evening concert in the Boone High School auditorium on October 18 at 7pm. Invite your family, friends, teachers, etc… Everyone is welcome. This concert theme is “Struggle & Hope” and the message will resound with all members of the audience in some way.
- Students should make sure to follow all the steps required to earn an “A”.
- All students will wear chorus tee shirts, solid black dress pants, and solid black shoes for this concert.
- Make sure you have a ride. Students who can’t go home and come back in the evening are expected to bring their uniform to school and stay until concert time. Not having a ride is not an excusable absence. Carpooling is highly recommended.
We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. There were 30 acts that auditioned, and the following were those selected for the concert. Thanks to all students for the great auditions.
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wednesday, September 14, from 2-5pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal may be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, September 15, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $3 sold at the door. Want to buy tickets ahead of time? You can buy advance tickets for the same price through a current chorus student.
- Melanie Gaboy
- Rose Helsinger & Clay Dixon
- Faith Best
- Alana Spafford & Joey Rodriguez
- Kaleigh Tessier
- Brennah Fussell
- Adrian Castaneda
- Jennifer Casanova- with Mr. D playing piano
- Elizabeth Villeneuve
- Rafael Figueroa- needs track or accompanist
- Micah Rojas, Matthew Suchler, Jack Bramuchi, Charlie Bramuchi
- Joey Rodriguez
- Alexandra Claure & Micah Rojas
- Carly Meyer & Quentin K
- Kathy Tran
- Ander Coggeshall and Bryce Hayes- Bring lyrics to Mr. Doherty ASAP