The music department at Boone High School wants to help you celebrate the holiday season with 3 fantastic concerts! For the first time, Boone is producing a HOLIDAY POPS CONCERT featuring all your favorite holiday tunes in a special collaboration including band, chorus, and orchestra. Tickets are $10, general admission. See poster for event details.
Advance ticket sales:
- Advance ticket sales are available to our students and their families this week ending on THURSDAY. After that, tickets will be sold at the door.
- If possible, please log into your SchoolPay account before paying online. If you don’t have an account, you may still purchase tickets through SchoolPay.
- The link to buy tickets is http://bit.ly/bhspops
- Pickup your advance tickets at our ticket table. They will be under the name of the person who paid for them on SchoolPay.
- Children (5 or under) who sit in your lap are admitted at NO CHARGE.
Concert Choir has two field trips in December. Permission slips are both due Friday, 12/15. These will be sent home on paper Tuesday, 12/12, or you can print them below.
All students participating in Candlelight must return TWO documents by Friday, December 1, 2017. Make sure that you fill these out completely and save the information for later.
- Permission Slip
- Release form minors (under 18) or for adults (18+)
Please read the permission slip document above before asking questions.
If you are participating in or chaperoning Candlelight, please view the linked spreadsheet at the bottom of this message. To see what dates you are assigned, go to the columns labeled 12-5, 12-7, and 12-28.
Chaperones: After reviewing the spreadsheet, please email me with the following information:
- Confirm that you can commit to chaperoning these dates. Notice that not everyone chaperones each date.
- Your cell phone number
- Your status in the volunteer system. Remember, you must re-register annually. See here for instructions.
Students: Please review the spreadsheet and let us know ASAP if you have to back out of a particular Candlelight day. We can give someone else a chance to sing if you let us know well in advance.
In order for students to be successful in chorus during the holiday season, the chorus calendar should be closely followed. In class today, we distributed a green letter that has information about all upcoming events clearly listed. If you missed that letter, it is provided here as well.
All dates are listed in our Google calendar.
We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. 30 student acts auditioned, and the following students were selected for the concert. Thanks to everyone for the great auditions!
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wed, November 8, from 1:30-4pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal will be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, November 9, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $5 sold at the door.
- Isabelle & Jenna
- Makkia & Arly
- Brianna Rojas
- Ander Loggshell
- Quinten & Carly
- Allana & Haley
- Melanie Gaboy
- Andrew Claure
- Moises Cuebas
- Mary Jane Scarlett
- Kathy Tran
- Stepping Braves
- Bailey & Olivia
- Ben & Clay
SHOW is November 9, 7pm
DRESS REHEARSAL on November 8, 1:30-4pm
Interested in auditioning for All County Chorus? Please prepare the excerpt using these materials. See the dry erase board in the chorus room for recording times after school this coming week. All auditions must be recorded by Monday, 11/6.
If you are selected, you will need to attend the following rehearsals and performance. When you audition, you are committing to these dates. It is not possible to miss any of these events.
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Tues Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Thursday, Jan 18 Thurs Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Friday, Jan 19 Rehearsal with Guest Clinicians, 8:00am-3:45 pm, Calvary Assembly Winter Park
- Jan 20 Sat 8 am Rehearsal and 10:30 am Concert at Calvary Assembly
All BHS chorus students will participate in Chorus Retreat on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Students will rehearse music in the morning, have a potluck style lunch, participate in team-building activities in the afternoon, and end the day with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
All students are expected to bring a food item for lunch!
Interested in chaperoning Candlelight 2017 dates with us this year? (Dec 5, 7, 28) If so, please visit this page and contact Mr. Doherty by email. In your message, you will need to list the dates you wish to chaperone and confirm that you have registered properly as a volunteer.
Do you know talented musicians at Boone? Encourage them to audition for Boone’s ACOUSTIC NIGHT! Auditions are open to all students at Boone on Monday, October 30. All styles of music are welcome!
For more information or to sign up, see the door of the chorus room, 10-168. The Acoustic Night show is on Thursday, November 9, at 7pm in the auditorium. Tickets are $5 at the door.
Questions? Ask a chorus student or see the choir directors in room 10-168