Boone Chorus is a dynamic and growing department with exciting opportunities for students across the Reservation. Students who sing in choir at Boone will get to make incredible music, grow in their personal musicianship, be part of a wonderful community, and experience the amazing power of singing together with others. If you are interested in taking choir this year, send Mr. Doherty a message.
If you are registered for choir this year already, read on!
1) We are asking all chorus students AND their parents to sign up to receive messages using Remind.com. To sign up, you’ll need to know exactly what choir class you’re taking. If you’re not sure, drop us a message.
2) All students should sign up for the appropriate Google Classroom. If you are signed into your OCPS student Google account, you can join the class by clicking the appropriate link below. If needed, the join code is also listed.
3) Review the chorus syllabus and calendar, then sign the syllabus acknowledgment form and submit by the end of the first week.
The 5th annual Boone Acoustic Night will be held Thursday, September 15, at 7pm in the auditorium. This benefit concert will feature Boone students in “unplugged” musical acts. General admission is $3 at the door, and all proceeds benefit the chorus department.
This show is open to ALL students at Boone High School. All you have to do is audition on Wed, September 7 after school. Signups are on the chorus room door (Room 10.168) located in the music department lobby. All selected acts will be required to participate in dress rehearsal on September 14 from 2-5pm in the auditorium.
- All acts must be performed on acoustic instruments: acoustic guitar, drums, vocals, piano (provided), etc.
- Acoustic-electric is ok if you bring your own amp
- Song must be memorized for audition
- Bring printed song lyrics to your audition for review
- You must audition on the song you want to perform
Questions? See Mr. Doherty or Mrs. Noble in Room 10.168 (chorus) located in the music hallway across from band.
Boone chorus and theatre were well represented as 450 OCPS choral and theatre students and their teachers unified in song to help heal Orlando. #OrlandoUnited, #OrlandoLove, #PrayForOrlando, #OrlandoStrong,
#BeautifulCity-a tribute song for Orlando
“Brick by brick, heart by heart,
Now, maybe now, we start learning how,
We can build a beautiful city again”
Direct link to video here
Congratulations to all members of Boone Chorus for the wonderful placement auditions! We are blessed to have so many talented students in the program. If you were accidentally left off of these rosters, please email Mr. Doherty at jussi.doherty (a) ocps.net immediately. We can’t wait to get started making music again in the fall.
- ALL students should plan on attending the annual awesome Chorus Retreat on Saturday, September 10. Details TBA.
- Members of Concert Choir and Advanced Women should plan to attend a mixer on Thursday, August 18, from 5-8pm.
We are excited to announce our student leadership team for 2016-17!
- Jaylynn Mangual, President
- Nick Oropeza, President-Elect
- Rose Helsinger, Vice President
- Gabby Dolan, Vice President
- Jose Rodriguez, Secretary
- Faith Best, Chair
- Carly Myer
- Melanie Gaboy
To get an idea of what will be on your exam, follow these instructions after clicking the link below.
- Refer to progressbook to determine which course code you are enrolled in.
- Find the corresponding course code in the left column on the page linked below.
- Click that course code to see an outline of the music standards covered, and how many questions you will see in that area on the test. “Number of items” will be the number of test questions.
- Ask us if you don’t understand any of the standards.
View outlines at this link!
If you would like to own a professionally recorded video of Spring Showcase 2016, you’re in luck! Diacom Productions recorded the Friday night concert using multiple video cameras. To place an order, please visit diacomproductions.com or open the order form below.
Chorus banquet is right around the corner… Don’t miss this fun end-of-the-year event! The date of the event is Saturday, May 14. Tickets to banquet cost $10/each ($5 for chorus seniors) and must be purchased in advance using the order form below. Our theme is Disney! All ticket orders are due on Tuesday, May 10. See the attached order form for all the details.
Advanced Women and Concert Choir will travel to Lakeland this week to perform at State Music Performance Assessments. At this prestigious event, distinguished choral directors will score and provide feedback to our groups. Choirs that perform at State are those that earned a Superior rating at District MPA.
- Permission slips are due back by Wednesday, April 27
- Students will need to arrange a special ride on the morning of Friday, April 29, so that they can arrive by 6:30am
- Bring money for lunch ($10 cash recommended) at the mall in Lakeland
Download permission slip