Remember that we have our FINAL CANDLELIGHT REHEARSAL on Saturday, December 2, from 9am to noon. Do you have everything memorized yet?
If you are participating in or chaperoning Candlelight, please view the linked spreadsheet at the bottom of this message. To see what dates you are assigned, go to the columns labeled 12-5, 12-7, and 12-28.
Chaperones: After reviewing the spreadsheet, please email me with the following information:
- Confirm that you can commit to chaperoning these dates. Notice that not everyone chaperones each date.
- Your cell phone number
- Your status in the volunteer system. Remember, you must re-register annually. See here for instructions.
Students: Please review the spreadsheet and let us know ASAP if you have to back out of a particular Candlelight day. We can give someone else a chance to sing if you let us know well in advance.
In order for students to be successful in chorus during the holiday season, the chorus calendar should be closely followed. In class today, we distributed a green letter that has information about all upcoming events clearly listed. If you missed that letter, it is provided here as well.
All dates are listed in our Google calendar.
We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. 30 student acts auditioned, and the following students were selected for the concert. Thanks to everyone for the great auditions!
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wed, November 8, from 1:30-4pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal will be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, November 9, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $5 sold at the door.
- Isabelle & Jenna
- Makkia & Arly
- Brianna Rojas
- Ander Loggshell
- Quinten & Carly
- Allana & Haley
- Melanie Gaboy
- Andrew Claure
- Moises Cuebas
- Mary Jane Scarlett
- Kathy Tran
- Stepping Braves
- Bailey & Olivia
- Ben & Clay
SHOW is November 9, 7pm
DRESS REHEARSAL on November 8, 1:30-4pm
Interested in auditioning for All County Chorus? Please prepare the excerpt using these materials. See the dry erase board in the chorus room for recording times after school this coming week. All auditions must be recorded by Monday, 11/6.
- Sheet music (PDF)
- Piano accompaniment track for audition
- Awake the Harp: Soprano practice track
- Awake the Harp: Tenor practice track
- Awake the Harp: Bass practice track
- Awake the Harp: Alto practice track
- Vocal exercises to be sung before excerpt. Click on your assigned part: T2, T1, S2, S1, B2, B1, A2, A1
- BETTER practice tracks found on YouTube! Start at 1:27
If you are selected, you will need to attend the following rehearsals and performance. When you audition, you are committing to these dates. It is not possible to miss any of these events.
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Tues Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Thursday, Jan 18 Thurs Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Friday, Jan 19 Rehearsal with Guest Clinicians, 8:00am-3:45 pm, Calvary Assembly Winter Park
- Jan 20 Sat 8 am Rehearsal and 10:30 am Concert at Calvary Assembly
All BHS chorus students will participate in Chorus Retreat on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Students will rehearse music in the morning, have a potluck style lunch, participate in team-building activities in the afternoon, and end the day with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
- Retreat Flyer: Times, what to wear, what to bring, etc.
All students are expected to bring a food item for lunch!
For more information or to sign up, see the door of the chorus room, 10-168. The Acoustic Night show is on Thursday, November 9, at 7pm in the auditorium. Tickets are $5 at the door.
Questions? Ask a chorus student or see the choir directors in room 10-168
Students should be working hard on Candlelight music starting NOW! You will see which pieces we are planning to sing at each rehearsal below. BE READY with these pieces by that day. Also, plan to bring your own copy of music either on your laptop (PDF) or a hard copy of your own. Practice tracks and sheet music are available on the practice page.
- Shout for Joy
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Holy Night
- What Child Is This?
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Away in a Manger
- Rejoice with Exceeding Great Joy
- Silent Night (German)
- Joy to the World
- Il est ne (French)
- Hallelujah Chorus
Video of the fall concert is available here http://bit.ly/bhsfall17