Coming this week, we have Candlelight rehearsals on Tue/Thu from 2:30-4:30pm. Then on December 28, those same students will perform at Candlelight. Please make sure you have completed and returned the Candlelight packet!
The chorus department will present a Winter Concert on Thursday, December 11, at 7:00pm in the Boone High School auditorium. Ring in the season with holiday music and more! This is the first concert of the year featuring ALL the BHS choirs, and we’re excited to sing for you. For complete details, parents and students should refer to the reminder letter included below.
All students participating in Candlelight this year must return the THREE forms found in this document by Friday, December 12.
The chorus department at Boone High School is preparing for the amazing season ahead and is in search of sponsors to help our young artists create outstanding choral performances. This is a new enterprise for us, and we hope to help build and support business in our community while raising funds for accompanist and choreographer fees, clinicians, music, group travel, concert recordings, MPA registration, classroom equipment, technology, and performances. It also helps us determine the scale of our Variety Show in the spring. Will we have the funds to hire a choreographer, lighting designer, sound engineer, professional musicians, etc?
The deadline for all ad sales is Friday, December 5. By that date, we must have an order form, payment, and the graphics for each ad to be projected at our concert. The success of this fundraiser
- This is a great opportunity for local businesses to advertise to the Boone community. You are encouraged to approach locally owned businesses, as chains often have to contact their corporate office and can’t work within our time frame.
- In the past, some families have purchased an “ad” with photos and a message to be displayed on-screen in tribute of their child’s involvement in the chorus program. This is most often done for seniors, but it is not limited in that way.
Chorus PFC deadline
This fundraiser is intended to help students raise the funds to pay their Chorus PFC of $75. The deadline for the PFC is the same as the ad sales– Friday, December 5. Students who fail to fundraiser or pay their PFC by this deadline will have an obligation entered for this amount with the school media center.
- View/download Ad Sales Order Form
- This is the order form for customers to complete and return with the student
- Overview of Chorus Financial Info
If you are interested in chaperoning our performance in Disney’s Candlelight Processional, please go here and complete the application. Please read the entire page before completing the application. Let us know if you have questions or concerns! All chaperone applications must be completed by December 1.
Come out and enjoy the Fall Concert presented by the choirs of Boone High School and Howard Middle School on TUESDAY night, October 21, at 7:00PM in the Howard Middle School Auditorium. Admission is FREE for all! This concert will feature the choirs of both Boone and Howard in a joint fall concert, titled “Stand Together”. Selections by the BHS choirs will include familiar songs such as “The Longest Time” by Billy Joel, a medley of songs from fun., and a rousing finale performed by the almost 400 choir students from both Howard and Boone.
Gift cards from our recent “59 minute fundraiser” have arrived! That means that students will now sign out the gift cards they sold over the phone, deliver the gift cards, and collect the money owed. All fundraiser money is due Friday, October 3.
The profits from this fundraiser are intended to help students pay for their chorus uniform. Chorus uniform payments are also due Friday, October 3. See the letter for details!
Chorus students interested in auditioning for the OCPS All County Honor Choir must record their audition with Mr. Doherty after school during the week of September 29-October 3. Students are expected to perform the following items in their audition:
- The vocal exercises found at http://bit.ly/practicetracks
- Sing the word “Zaw” with the piano
- Your part in the audition excerpt
All County Calendar
If you are selected from the audition, you must be present at all rehearsals; this includes being on time for the start of rehearsals, and participating
until the end of each rehearsal. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be able to participate in the concert or
any remaining rehearsals.
- November 18, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Student and director orientation (Freedom High School)
- December 2, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Student and director orientation (Lake Nona High School) – ONLY for drama students’ conflict with Nov. 18
- January 27, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Rehearsal and sectionals (Freedom Middle School)
- January 30, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. students must bring a packed lunch
- Rehearsal with clinician (Calvary Assembly in Winter Park)
- January 31, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. students must bring a packed lunch
- Dress rehearsal and concert at 12:00 p.m. (Calvary Assembly in Winter Park)
Members of all OCPS honor choirs will wear their school chorus uniform to the performance. If they do not have a school
chorus uniform, black/white formal attire should be substituted.
The audition is free, but students who are selected for this honor will be expected to pay the $40 registration fee.
Chorus members and their family are invited to attend the FIRST EVER Boone Chorus Tailgate Party & BBQ! Bring any tail gate party supplies/games that may contribute to the fun! Purchase of BBQ is not required to attend. We encourage you to bring your own drinks and sides!
WHAT: Chorus Tailgate and BBQ
WHEN: Friday, September 26, 3-7PM
WHERE: Boone High School Chorus & Courtyard
Our event is catered by 4Rivers BBQ, and orders can be placed using the order form linked below. All orders must be received by Wed, September 24.
- Download flyer and BBQ order form (due Wed, 9/24)
Attached is the roster for chorus retreat. Look for your name to find out what group you will be in. Next to each group is the superhero/super villain that your group will represent. Each team has a color that you should try your best to wear on retreat day!
Group 1 – BLACK
Group 2 – PURPLE
Group 3 – BLUE
Group 4 – GREEN
Group 5 – YELLOW/GOLD
Group 6 – RED