Scroll down to the next post for complete information!
Reminder: Chorus students have Variety Show dress rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday until 6pm.
COSTUMES: Bring your costume on Monday to school and hang on the racks provided. Make sure your clothes and the hanger are CLEARLY labeled and identified. Attaching a colored ribbon to your hanger and writing your name on the clothes tags are great ways to avoid problems. Remember, there are almost 200 students!
FOOD: Students are NOT being served dinner as originally announced. Instead, students should pack snacks to keep them going in the afternoon.
- Are you available to volunteer/help with Variety Show? If so, please contact Mrs. Noble at Abigail.Noble@ocps.net.
- Variety Show 2015 Letter & Calendar: See page 2 for the calendar
- DVD/Bluray order form – Diacom
We still need donations for the Variety Show concessions tables. Students are asked to sign up for this in the chorus room. Thanks!
BUY TICKETS HERE
- Ticket pre-sale orders are accepted until Tuesday, 4/21.
- Download order form
- Download MPA Permission Slip
- Permission slips are due Wednesday, March 4
- Chaperones needed! If you wish to volunteer, send an email to Mr. Doherty and make sure you have updated your online volunteer application (ADDitions) for the current school year.
Later that night come see Victor Oladipo and Aaron Gordon take on Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls
Special Pricing for BHS employees, friends and family!
All orders due to Mr. Doherty/Mrs.Noble in room 10-168 by Tuesday, Jan 13. Payment can be made cash or check to BHS.
Coming this week, we have Candlelight rehearsals on Tue/Thu from 2:30-4:30pm. Then on December 28, those same students will perform at Candlelight. Please make sure you have completed and returned the Candlelight packet!
The chorus department will present a Winter Concert on Thursday, December 11, at 7:00pm in the Boone High School auditorium. Ring in the season with holiday music and more! This is the first concert of the year featuring ALL the BHS choirs, and we’re excited to sing for you. For complete details, parents and students should refer to the reminder letter included below.
All students participating in Candlelight this year must return the THREE forms found in this document by Friday, December 12.
The chorus department at Boone High School is preparing for the amazing season ahead and is in search of sponsors to help our young artists create outstanding choral performances. This is a new enterprise for us, and we hope to help build and support business in our community while raising funds for accompanist and choreographer fees, clinicians, music, group travel, concert recordings, MPA registration, classroom equipment, technology, and performances. It also helps us determine the scale of our Variety Show in the spring. Will we have the funds to hire a choreographer, lighting designer, sound engineer, professional musicians, etc?
The deadline for all ad sales is Friday, December 5. By that date, we must have an order form, payment, and the graphics for each ad to be projected at our concert. The success of this fundraiser
- This is a great opportunity for local businesses to advertise to the Boone community. You are encouraged to approach locally owned businesses, as chains often have to contact their corporate office and can’t work within our time frame.
- In the past, some families have purchased an “ad” with photos and a message to be displayed on-screen in tribute of their child’s involvement in the chorus program. This is most often done for seniors, but it is not limited in that way.
Chorus PFC deadline
This fundraiser is intended to help students raise the funds to pay their Chorus PFC of $75. The deadline for the PFC is the same as the ad sales– Friday, December 5. Students who fail to fundraiser or pay their PFC by this deadline will have an obligation entered for this amount with the school media center.
- View/download Ad Sales Order Form
- This is the order form for customers to complete and return with the student
- Overview of Chorus Financial Info
If you are interested in chaperoning our performance in Disney’s Candlelight Processional, please go here and complete the application. Please read the entire page before completing the application. Let us know if you have questions or concerns! All chaperone applications must be completed by December 1.