MPA is an important annual performance assessment that is both academic and fun. Similar to a concert, it is worth a large amount of points. In the third quarter, it will be the only performance so the grade impact is even higher.
Examine these dates carefully and note them in your calendar — or on the fridge! Each chorus is assigned a performance date/time about four weeks before the event. We will only participate on one day. An email will be sent home as soon as we know the details.
All men in Boone Chorus will participate in the 2018 Stetson Men’s Choir Festival under the direction of Timothy Peter, D.M.A., for a musical event designed to affirm the participation of young men in the vocal arts. This year’s vocal “athletes” will interact with dozens of other male singers from all over the State of Florida during rehearsals and social time. Come feel the power and excitement generated by the 2018 Stetson Men’s Festival Chorus. Music will be learned and performed in one day – no preparation is necessary…
The music department at Boone High School wants to help you celebrate the holiday season with 3 fantastic concerts! For the first time, Boone is producing a HOLIDAY POPS CONCERT featuring all your favorite holiday tunes in a special collaboration including band, chorus, and orchestra. Tickets are $10, general admission. See poster for event details.
Advance ticket sales:
- Advance ticket sales are available to our students and their families this week ending on THURSDAY. After that, tickets will be sold at the door.
- If possible, please log into your SchoolPay account before paying online. If you don’t have an account, you may still purchase tickets through SchoolPay.
- The link to buy tickets is http://bit.ly/bhspops
- Pickup your advance tickets at our ticket table. They will be under the name of the person who paid for them on SchoolPay.
- Children (5 or under) who sit in your lap are admitted at NO CHARGE.
Concert Choir has two field trips in December. Permission slips are both due Friday, 12/15. These will be sent home on paper Tuesday, 12/12, or you can print them below.
All students participating in Candlelight must return TWO documents by Friday, December 1, 2017. Make sure that you fill these out completely and save the information for later.
- Permission Slip
- Release form minors (under 18) or for adults (18+)
Please read the permission slip document above before asking questions.
If you are participating in or chaperoning Candlelight, please view the linked spreadsheet at the bottom of this message. To see what dates you are assigned, go to the columns labeled 12-5, 12-7, and 12-28.
Chaperones: After reviewing the spreadsheet, please email me with the following information:
- Confirm that you can commit to chaperoning these dates. Notice that not everyone chaperones each date.
- Your cell phone number
- Your status in the volunteer system. Remember, you must re-register annually. See here for instructions.
Students: Please review the spreadsheet and let us know ASAP if you have to back out of a particular Candlelight day. We can give someone else a chance to sing if you let us know well in advance.
In order for students to be successful in chorus during the holiday season, the chorus calendar should be closely followed. In class today, we distributed a green letter that has information about all upcoming events clearly listed. If you missed that letter, it is provided here as well.
All dates are listed in our Google calendar.
We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. 30 student acts auditioned, and the following students were selected for the concert. Thanks to everyone for the great auditions!
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wed, November 8, from 1:30-4pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal will be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, November 9, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $5 sold at the door.
- Isabelle & Jenna
- Makkia & Arly
- Brianna Rojas
- Ander Loggshell
- Quinten & Carly
- Allana & Haley
- Melanie Gaboy
- Andrew Claure
- Moises Cuebas
- Mary Jane Scarlett
- Kathy Tran
- Stepping Braves
- Bailey & Olivia
- Ben & Clay
SHOW is November 9, 7pm
DRESS REHEARSAL on November 8, 1:30-4pm
Interested in auditioning for All County Chorus? Please prepare the excerpt using these materials. See the dry erase board in the chorus room for recording times after school this coming week. All auditions must be recorded by Monday, 11/6.
If you are selected, you will need to attend the following rehearsals and performance. When you audition, you are committing to these dates. It is not possible to miss any of these events.
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Tues Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Thursday, Jan 18 Thurs Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Friday, Jan 19 Rehearsal with Guest Clinicians, 8:00am-3:45 pm, Calvary Assembly Winter Park
- Jan 20 Sat 8 am Rehearsal and 10:30 am Concert at Calvary Assembly
All BHS chorus students will participate in Chorus Retreat on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Students will rehearse music in the morning, have a potluck style lunch, participate in team-building activities in the afternoon, and end the day with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
All students are expected to bring a food item for lunch!