Edgewater High School Newspaper Established 1952

Flying High

Most students would consider staying after school to be torture and a waste of time but a select few have auditioned to be apart of the a cappella group, Flying High, which meets every day after school.

Flying High is a mixed gender and grade choral group hand picked by Mr. Alex Glover, chorus director. These students show remarkable skill and musical knowledge as well as a true passion for the arts.

The typical high school student is always complaining about not having enough time to manage school life along with their outside responsibilities but these eighth period kids are soaring above the pressure.

For Raymond Mills, junior, he’s managing the extra class period well. When asked about how he was juggling school and his grades he said “It’s not that bad. I get all my homework knocked out before the eighth period.”

With such a mix of personalities, one would expect there to be a clash of opinions and differences but senior Jedion Dumas said it’s just the opposite. “We all get along well. We have little arguments but we all respect each other and our skills. We love what we do and at the end of the day we’re there to make music,” Dumas said.

Flying High is a unique collection of voices and will continue to amaze with their outstanding vocals.