Edgewater High School Newspaper Established 1952

College Acceptances

While most seniors are stressing over college applications a few seniors are free as a bird after being accepted into their dream college.Emma Boles was accepted into Loyola University in Chicago. Boles is an active member of Edgewater’s student life. She a member of our thespian society and senior class senator.

Boles maintains a 4.2 GPA and was accepted into Loyola on a Presidential Scholarship, the highest scholarship one can earn.

“I was excited, I called my mom and cried then I called my dad. They were excited for me,” Boles recalls. There’s a sense of relief that came with knowing the most stressful part of her high school career was over.

“A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder. And I’m excited to be leaving the town I grew up in for 18 years,” said Boles.

For senior Ashley Fenelus getting into FAMU was a dream come true. “Because I’m a first-generation college student I didn’t think I was going to make it, honestly.” But she did, despite her decline in academic performance she pushed through

“I start off in high school on the right track, but I let my GPA drop kinda low,” Fenelus is proof that it’s never too late to be great and is ecstatic about what the future holds. “I’m excited to start, and getting accepted is just pushing me to finish the year strong,” said Fenelus.