Edgewater High School Newspaper Established 1952

Mu Alpha Theta Continues in its Third Year

By: Intefada Lutfi and Maya Surrency

“The Mu Alpha Theta program started with Mr. Martinez and Mr. Rohit but then I had taken it over and started offering torturing. The main goal of this club is to improve enthusiasm and their aptitude towards math,” said Mr. William Vebert.

This is the clubs third year at Edgewater.

“I joined because I felt that I could be helpful to others,” said sophomore John Denning. “Math is not my favorite subject but I do like the fact that there is a definite answer to everything but I just have interest in other things. The gain is definitely worth it knowing that I can help people during tutoring season.”

Although being humanitarian is not a requirement, multiple students joined to help others.

“I wanted to help other students in the school understand math and I like joining in activities with my friends,” said sophomore Molly Palmer. “Math isn’t my favorite subject mostly because I like science more but the gain is worth it because of the experience in working with others and a better understanding of the work I am assigned.”

For a group of the members, math is still the driving force for the participation in the club.

“I wanted to help other students with math,” said sophomore Jenna Appel. “Math is my favorite subject because I have a good teacher. This helps a lot knowing I get to help others better understanding of a subject I like.”