Edgewater High School Newspaper Established 1952

Eagles Spring to Victory

Well, three head coaches, eleven defeats and a new set of uniforms later and the Fightin’ Eagles have finally won a game this 2016-2017 school year.
With all the drama that’s surrounded Edgewater’s football team this year, the 45-16 win against Freedom High’s Patriots is proof of the players’ resilience.
The game showcased both the JV and varsity lineups for the next school year and gave the community a peek of what the new Edgewater football team had up their sleeves.
The overall mood of the night was cheerful and hopeful, and once the team started scoring points a sense of pride washed over the home team as the fans cheered the Eagles on to victory.
The defensive line stood strong throughout the night keeping the Patriots from their end zone majority of the game.
Joey Miller, DE and MLB, was a force, bulldozing his way through every player he came in contact with. Memorable plays include Isaiah Connelly’s remarkable 45-yard touchdown and Quondarrius Whitfield’s impressive block in the second quarter.
This win has inspired new found pride in the Edgewater football program. If this is any indication of what’s to come during next year’s fall season, Edgewater looks to be a force to be reckoned with.

Photo by Jamia Thomas
Coaches eyes view.
Joe Miller gains 30 yards for Eagles before a swift takedown by Patriots.
Quondarrius Whitfield celebrates impressive tackle.
Coaches celebrate Quondaarrius Whitfield tackle of opponent #11 resulting in first down.