We are excited to announce our student leadership team for 2017-18! We are so fortunate that we had many excellent applicants for these positions. If you weren’t selected for one of these officer positions, know that we have other positions available within the chorus department, such as choir managers and choir librarians. Thank you for applying and we look forward to working with everyone next year!
- Nick Oropeza, President
- Johan Quevedo, President-Elect
- Jose Rodriguez, Vice President
- Jessica Rojas, Vice President
- Carly Meyer, Secretary
- Melanie Gaboy, Recruiter
Rented choir uniforms must be returned by Friday, May 5, 2017.
- Dresses and tux pants should be washed on cold cycle and hang dry prior to returning; do not use heat! Vests, jackets, and ties should NOT be washed. If they need cleaning, get them dry cleaned.
- Uniforms must be returned clean, undamaged, and unaltered except for hemming
- When you return it, your uniform must be hung in the uniform closet with your name clearly labeled using masking tape so that it can be identified later.
If your uniform is lost or damaged, you will need to pay the replacement cost in addition to any rental fee you paid earlier in the year.
- Dress $65
- Tux shirt $17
- Tux pants $27
- Vest $16
- Tie $16
Chorus banquet is right around the corner… Don’t miss this fun end-of-the-year event! The date of the event is Saturday, May 13. Tickets to banquet cost $10/each ($5 for chorus seniors) and must be purchased in advance using the order form below. Our theme is “OUT OF THIS WORLD”! All ticket orders are due on Tuesday, May 9. See the attached order form for all the details.
Students may audition and be a part of the banquet entertainment on Monday, May 8. Signup sheets in the chorus room. Solos, duets, are encouraged! Any style is allowed, and we love when you can incorporate the theme.
Dear Parents and Students,
Our FINAL concert of the year is approaching! The Boone Chorus Spring Showcase is next week and you have TWO chances to come see it! Shows will be Thursday, April 20, and Saturday, April 22 at 7pm. Students will have ticket pre-order forms today in class. Pre-order forms are due Monday, April 17. General admission will be available at the door as well.
Music will include selections by Queen, Frankie Valli, ABBA, The Jackson 5, Elton John, and much more. You’ll hear special performances by each choir, and the annual Senior Song! We’ll present music from Music Performance Assessment along with our new stuff.
General admission tickets are $7 at the door. A ticket presale includes *premium tickets* for $15, which includes preferred seating and a reception at intermission with sweet and savory hors d’oeuvres. Premium tickets are available only through the ticket presale order form given to students. It’s a great deal!
We need you! We would love to sell out both nights. Please share the dates with friends and family. If you are a parent of a senior, encourage family members to come see their last performance of their high school career.
We need volunteers in the following areas. If you are available, please email me at email@example.com and I can give you details.
- Food donations for concessions: 12-packs of soda, bottles of water, snack-size bags of chips, candy, cookies (for individual sale)
- Ticket sales—5:30 to 8:00 either night
- House set-up—4:00-6:00 either night (probably won’t take that long)
- Reception food service—5:00-8:00 either night
- Reception clean-up—8-9pm either night
Thank you all for your support of our students this year! We are excited to Showcase all their hard work for the school year.
Jussi Doherty & Sylvia Aycock
Jussi.Doherty@ocps.net | Sylvia.Aycock@ocps.net
Combined Men’s Choir at District MPA
All chorus students will participate in District Music Performance Assessments for high school chorus in February. See the permission slip for complete details.
- View itinerary
- Choose the correct permission slip
- All permission slips are due Friday, Feb 10.
- Chaperones (21+) needed! If you wish to volunteer, send an email to jussi . doherty @ ocps.net (remove those spaces) and make sure you have updated your online volunteer application for the current school year.
We kick off our Welch’s Fruit Snacks fundraiser tomorrow in class. If you would like to make a payment instead of participating, that can still be done TONIGHT on SchoolPay.com. If you do, please forward the email receipt to your director. All students with a balance will receive a carrier of Fruit Snacks tomorrow. See link for full details.
All students who have not paid their fees by January 17 will be issued a box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks as part of a fundraiser that will earn each student a $25 profit. Additional boxes can be sold for additional profit. All details will be announced when the fundraiser begins. If you wish to pay the balance prior to January 17, you can pay with SchoolPay, cash, or check to Boone High School. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your directors.
To find out how much you owe, click the link below and look for your Student ID number. They are listed in numerical order. For privacy, student names are not listed. If you have a zero or negative (-) balance, that means you don’t need to pay anything.
If you still have questions after reading these reminders, please look here and here for the details.
- Be in the bus loop at 3pm; buses depart at 3:30pm.
- You must wear solid white top, solid black pants (no leggings or jeans), black socks, solid black shoes. Remove all jewelry except for stud earrings. No bracelets, etc.
- It will be warm, so wear a white tee shirt or tank top.
- Sleep well, drink water, and eat a meal before the trip.
- You must ride the bus back to Boone with us unless your parent has already contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Do you have parents, friends, or other family coming to watch your choir perform? Make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get in line for the show. The line can get very long very quickly, especially for the most popular celebrity narrators.
- All guests will need to purchase admission to the park in order to enjoy the concert.
- You may only pick up your child at Epcot after the performance if you have contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Plan to pick up your child from Boone at 10:45pm. A reminder message will be sent out around 10pm with an updated ETA. The directors want to go home too, so please be ready for the pickup! Late pickup surcharges are applied to the last two students to be picked up.
The choirs of Boone High School come together for A Seasonal Celebration on Tuesday, December 13, beginning at 7 pm. This concert is FREE and open to the public. Selections include traditional holiday favorites to get you in the spirit of the season. Please see the reminder letter for all the details. Here’s the basics:
Dress rehearsal (normal clothes)
Monday, December 12, 2:30-5:30pm
Concert (in uniform)
Tuesday, December 13, 6pm call time, 7pm show
Permission slips for Candlelight are due before Winter Break, but please return them immediately. Students who are 18+ will need to do the Disney release for adults.
Students should be working hard to learn the following pieces by 12/1:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Il est ne’
- Silent Night
- Review “Hallelujah” and “O Holy Night”
Disney will begin performances of the Candlelight Processional right after Thanksgiving! Students and chaperones are advised to read these two updates from Disney. They’re actually very interesting.