The music department at Boone High School wants to help you celebrate the holiday season with 3 fantastic concerts! For the first time, Boone is producing a HOLIDAY POPS CONCERT featuring all your favorite holiday tunes in a special collaboration including band, chorus, and orchestra. Tickets are $10, general admission. See poster for event details.
Advance ticket sales:
- Advance ticket sales are available to our students and their families this week ending on THURSDAY. After that, tickets will be sold at the door.
- If possible, please log into your SchoolPay account before paying online. If you don’t have an account, you may still purchase tickets through SchoolPay.
- The link to buy tickets is http://bit.ly/bhspops
- Pickup your advance tickets at our ticket table. They will be under the name of the person who paid for them on SchoolPay.
- Children (5 or under) who sit in your lap are admitted at NO CHARGE.
In order for students to be successful in chorus during the holiday season, the chorus calendar should be closely followed. In class today, we distributed a green letter that has information about all upcoming events clearly listed. If you missed that letter, it is provided here as well.
All dates are listed in our Google calendar.
We had fantastic auditions for Acoustic Night this year. 30 student acts auditioned, and the following students were selected for the concert. Thanks to everyone for the great auditions!
- All acts must participate in the dress rehearsal on Wed, November 8, from 1:30-4pm in the auditorium. Any acts not present or fully prepared (ex: I forgot my amp!) for this dress rehearsal will be cut from the concert.
- The show is Thursday, November 9, at 7pm. Your call-time is 6pm.
- All songs must be from memory—no sheet music, lyric sheets, etc.
- Wear your concert outfit or bring a photo of yourself in those clothes to the dress rehearsal.
- Help promote the show! Tell your friends!!! Tickets are $5 sold at the door.
- Isabelle & Jenna
- Makkia & Arly
- Brianna Rojas
- Ander Loggshell
- Quinten & Carly
- Allana & Haley
- Melanie Gaboy
- Andrew Claure
- Moises Cuebas
- Mary Jane Scarlett
- Kathy Tran
- Stepping Braves
- Bailey & Olivia
- Ben & Clay
SHOW is November 9, 7pm
DRESS REHEARSAL on November 8, 1:30-4pm
Interested in auditioning for All County Chorus? Please prepare the excerpt using these materials. See the dry erase board in the chorus room for recording times after school this coming week. All auditions must be recorded by Monday, 11/6.
If you are selected, you will need to attend the following rehearsals and performance. When you audition, you are committing to these dates. It is not possible to miss any of these events.
- Tuesday, Jan 16 Tues Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Thursday, Jan 18 Thurs Sectionals Rehearsal, 4:00-6:30 pm (HS) at Edgewater HS
- Friday, Jan 19 Rehearsal with Guest Clinicians, 8:00am-3:45 pm, Calvary Assembly Winter Park
- Jan 20 Sat 8 am Rehearsal and 10:30 am Concert at Calvary Assembly
All BHS chorus students will participate in Chorus Retreat on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Students will rehearse music in the morning, have a potluck style lunch, participate in team-building activities in the afternoon, and end the day with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice.
All students are expected to bring a food item for lunch!
Students should be working hard on Candlelight music starting NOW! You will see which pieces we are planning to sing at each rehearsal below. BE READY with these pieces by that day. Also, plan to bring your own copy of music either on your laptop (PDF) or a hard copy of your own. Practice tracks and sheet music are available on the practice page.
- Shout for Joy
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Holy Night
- What Child Is This?
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Away in a Manger
- Rejoice with Exceeding Great Joy
- Silent Night (German)
- Joy to the World
- Il est ne (French)
- Hallelujah Chorus
Video of the fall concert is available here http://bit.ly/bhsfall17
Boone Chorus and Boone Orchestra will perform a FREE evening concert in the Boone High School auditorium on Thursday, October 12 at 7pm. Invite your family, friends, teachers, etc… Everyone is welcome. We are excited for choir and orchestra to share the stage for the first time!
- You can view the reminder letter for complete details. This was sent home on 10/5/17.
- Students should make sure to follow all the steps required to earn an “A”.
- All students will wear their new chorus tee shirts, solid black dress pants, and solid black shoes for this concert.
- Make sure you have a ride. Students who can’t go home and come back in the evening are expected to bring their uniform to school and stay until concert time. There is an after-school dinner program that students can utilize. Not having a ride is not an excusable absence. Carpooling is highly recommended.
Semester 1 PFC of $25 and uniform rental of $30 due for most students today. SchoolPay.com works best, but we also accept cash and checks made out to BHS. Students who sold items in the cookie dough fundraiser have a different timeline, if they need it.
- Pick up your items from our cookie dough delivery on Thursday, October 5.
- Deliver the items on Oct 5 or 6, and then bring in those funds on Monday, October 9.
- Also, please look up how much profit you earned on this fundraiser so that you can calculate how much you still owe, if any. Please make a payment for that as well.
Hello parents! At our chorus parent meeting tonight, the following links will be useful.