Attention Seniors who have been accepted to UCF. If you are still working on paying the enrollment deposit please see below:
Students may request a waiver of the $200 Enrollment Deposit by completing the Enrollment Deposit Form on myUCF and sending a written request, along with one of the following documents:
- An SAT, ACT or NACAC fee waiver from the high school guidance office
- Documentation from the high school showing the student’s eligibility for a free or reduced lunch
- A copy of the family’s most recent tax return
These documents may be submitted to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 160111
Orlando, FL 32816-0111
Just a reminder the Valencia Dual Enrollment application is due Tomorrow before the end of the day. Students you must have the form fully completed or it will not be accepted.
SENIORS! The John and David Rigsby Memorial scholarship deadline is approaching fast. This scholarship is only for Dr. Phillips graduating seniors. Applications are in the guidance office. Don’t miss out on your chance for scholarship dollars. Deadline: Due in the guidance office on or before, March 13th. Questions? See Mrs. Reed or Mr. Palmer in guidance.
Dr. Phillips High School is accepting self-nominations for the Disney Dreamers and Doers award. Here’s how you can nominate yourself.
Official forms will only be accepted through this online link. The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 3, 2017.
Students chosen as the Disney Dreamer and Doer at each school will be considered for selection as a Shining Star. A Disney judging panel will select three exceptional Shining Stars per county (Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, and Seminole), to represent elementary, middle and high school. Shining Star announcements will be made on April 3, 2017.
Recognition awards for Shining Stars will be sent to their respective schools so they may celebrate the student before the summer break, at a time and method that is convenient for them. Recognition awards for each school’s Dreamer and Doer will be sent to their homes.
Seniors are you still struggling with completing the FAFSA? Thought you submitted all your information but you can’t see your Student Aid Report (SAR)? Feel free to come to our Media Center on Feb. 22nd from 8am-2pm to receive one on one help (YOU MUST HAVE A PASS). You will need your Parent’s 2015 Tax information.
***You do not have to only be poor to receive Federal Aid just a movie reference***
UCP is looking for volunteers for two upcoming events. These are both fun, hands-on opportunities for students to make a difference in their community & be able to see a project from beginning to end.
- UCP’s KaBOOM Playground Build on Saturday, March 18, 2017 (8am – 3pm). We will be building a playground at our Downtown/BETA campus (4680 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, Florida 32807). Each student will be assigned a group responsible for assembling various playground equipment.
- UCP’s An Evening at the Palace Gala on Saturday, April 1, 2017 (8:30am-1:00pm). We will be setting up our auction & ballroom areas for a black-tie fundraiser that evening (1900 Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 3283). This includes placing linens, polishing silver, placing signage & decoration.
All the information is attached but please feel free to contact Christine Peters at Cpeters@ucpcfl.org for more information and which event you will attend.