Congresswoman Val Demings would like to share information about the 2020 Congressional App Challenge with all high schools and middle schools in Congressional District 10. As a participating Congressional district, students and educators may find complete competition and registration information through https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/students.
Please contact the Congresswoman’s District Office at 321-388-9808 if students, parents, teachers, or administrators have any questions.
October 19 – Deadline by noon for students to submit their app online
November – Judging period
December – Winners announced!
1. Winning apps are eligible to be displayed in the US Capitol Building and featured on the House of Representatives’ website, http://House.gov
2. Winning students are invited to #HouseofCode Capitol Hill Reception in Washington D.C.
3. Previous years have received $250 per winner in Amazon Web Services credits
ELIGIBILITY AND AGE DIVISION
To be eligible to participate in the Congressional App Challenge, you must:
1. Be a middle or high school student at the time of app submission.
2. Students may register as individuals or as teams of up to four. No more than 4 students are allowed to form a team.
3. Students may compete in the district they reside in or the district they attend school in. If competing as a team, at least two of the teammates must be eligible to compete in the district in which they are participating in.
A complete list of rules can be found at: https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/students/rules