Remember that we have our FINAL CANDLELIGHT REHEARSAL on Saturday, December 2, from 9am to noon. Do you have everything memorized yet?
If you are participating in or chaperoning Candlelight, please view the linked spreadsheet at the bottom of this message. To see what dates you are assigned, go to the columns labeled 12-5, 12-7, and 12-28.
Chaperones: After reviewing the spreadsheet, please email me with the following information:
- Confirm that you can commit to chaperoning these dates. Notice that not everyone chaperones each date.
- Your cell phone number
- Your status in the volunteer system. Remember, you must re-register annually. See here for instructions.
Students: Please review the spreadsheet and let us know ASAP if you have to back out of a particular Candlelight day. We can give someone else a chance to sing if you let us know well in advance.
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that Boone High School has been selected as an Honor Choir for the 2017 Candlelight Processional and Massed Choir Program at Disney’s Epcot Theme Park. Honor Choirs are selected from those ensembles that were ranked with the top 26 scores of those within the 6 counties surrounding the Walt Disney World Resort®.
Boone Chorus is required to perform a minimum of three nights with a minimum of 50 performers and a maximum of 82. Round-trip transportation will be provided for all of our performance dates between Boone and the Walt Disney World Resort®. Boone Chorus will also be provided an honorarium and special recognition in the Epcot Festival of the Holidays program.
What to do NOW
- Fill out the COMMITMENT LETTER for Candlelight. It is critical that you review the performance dates with your family and complete the form accurately. You will need to consider potential conflicts, especially athletics or family vacations.
- Study the music at home! You need to be well prepared for our first rehearsal on Tuesday, October 24.
Who is involved?
Only students who participated in the Disney Candlelight video audition are eligible to participate. This includes Concert Choir, Advanced Women, most of Men’s Choir, and select students from Belles Voix and Ladies’ Choir.
Performances at Epcot:
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 – 6:45 pm & 8:15 pm
- Thursday, December 28, 2017 – 6:45 pm & 8:15 pm
Mandatory Rehearsals for all Candlelight participants @ Boone:
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 2:30-4:30pm
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 – 2:30-4:30pm
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 – 9:00-10:30am
- Additional rehearsals will be added soon to the calendar in late Nov/early Dec.
WHAT & WHEN: Boone Chorus will record our video audition for Disney’s Candlelight Processional after school on Monday, September 11, from 2:30-3:30pm.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: All students in Men’s Choir, Advanced Women, and Concert Choir are required to attend. Seniors in Belles Voix and Ladies’ Choir are welcome to join us without auditioning. 9-11th graders in Ladies’ Choir and Belles Voix must pre-audition using the methods described here. The deadline for that audition is Wednesday, 9/6/17.
Notice that our Candlelight video audition is on Monday, September 11, from 2:30-4pm.
- Be in the bus loop at 3pm; buses depart at 3:30pm.
- You must wear solid white top, solid black pants (no leggings or jeans), black socks, solid black shoes. Remove all jewelry except for stud earrings. No bracelets, etc.
- It will be warm, so wear a white tee shirt or tank top.
- Sleep well, drink water, and eat a meal before the trip.
- You must ride the bus back to Boone with us unless your parent has already contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Do you have parents, friends, or other family coming to watch your choir perform? Make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get in line for the show. The line can get very long very quickly, especially for the most popular celebrity narrators.
- All guests will need to purchase admission to the park in order to enjoy the concert.
- You may only pick up your child at Epcot after the performance if you have contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Plan to pick up your child from Boone at 10:45pm. A reminder message will be sent out around 10pm with an updated ETA. The directors want to go home too, so please be ready for the pickup! Late pickup surcharges are applied to the last two students to be picked up.
Permission slips for Candlelight are due before Winter Break, but please return them immediately. Students who are 18+ will need to do the Disney release for adults.
Students should be working hard to learn the following pieces by 12/1:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Il est ne’
- Silent Night
- Review “Hallelujah” and “O Holy Night”
Disney will begin performances of the Candlelight Processional right after Thanksgiving! Students and chaperones are advised to read these two updates from Disney. They’re actually very interesting.
Boone Chorus been selected to perform at Disney’s Candlelight Processional on Sunday, December 18. Our celebrity narrator is Jim Caviezel, known for his roles in Person of Interest (CBS), The Passion of Christ, and more.
All students who were in the Candlelight audition video must return the Candlelight Commitment Letter by Wednesday, November 2, whether you can perform with us or not.
All students should be practicing on their own at home regularly using the resources found here:
Chorus students and parents looking for information about Disney Candlelight can check the link below! Notice that our Candlelight video audition is on Friday, September 16th, from 2:30-4pm.