If you still have questions after reading these reminders, please look here and here for the details.
- Be in the bus loop at 3pm; buses depart at 3:30pm.
- You must wear solid white top, solid black pants (no leggings or jeans), black socks, solid black shoes. Remove all jewelry except for stud earrings. No bracelets, etc.
- It will be warm, so wear a white tee shirt or tank top.
- Sleep well, drink water, and eat a meal before the trip.
- You must ride the bus back to Boone with us unless your parent has already contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Do you have parents, friends, or other family coming to watch your choir perform? Make sure they give themselves plenty of time to get in line for the show. The line can get very long very quickly, especially for the most popular celebrity narrators.
- All guests will need to purchase admission to the park in order to enjoy the concert.
- You may only pick up your child at Epcot after the performance if you have contacted Mr. Doherty PRIOR to the day of the trip.
- Plan to pick up your child from Boone at 10:45pm. A reminder message will be sent out around 10pm with an updated ETA. The directors want to go home too, so please be ready for the pickup! Late pickup surcharges are applied to the last two students to be picked up.
Permission slips for Candlelight are due before Winter Break, but please return them immediately. Students who are 18+ will need to do the Disney release for adults.
Students should be working hard to learn the following pieces by 12/1:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Il est ne’
- Silent Night
- Review “Hallelujah” and “O Holy Night”
Disney will begin performances of the Candlelight Processional right after Thanksgiving! Students and chaperones are advised to read these two updates from Disney. They’re actually very interesting.
Boone Chorus been selected to perform at Disney’s Candlelight Processional on Sunday, December 18. Our celebrity narrator is Jim Caviezel, known for his roles in Person of Interest (CBS), The Passion of Christ, and more.
All students who were in the Candlelight audition video must return the Candlelight Commitment Letter by Wednesday, November 2, whether you can perform with us or not.
All students should be practicing on their own at home regularly using the resources found here:
Chorus students and parents looking for information about Disney Candlelight can check the link below! Notice that our Candlelight video audition is on Friday, September 16th, from 2:30-4pm.
Our Disney Candlelight performances are here! All students MUST have a permission slip and Disney release form on file with us. For those documents and all the details, please see the file below.
You also have access to our Candlelight roster. This shows exactly what dates you are assigned. Please use this to stay informed! “Y” means you are performing that day. “N” means you are not.
The Walt Disney World Candlelight Processional takes place from the end of November until the end of December at the American Gardens Theatre in Epcot. The show is a retelling of the Christmas story with full orchestra, massed choir, and a celebrity narrator.
We have auditioned and participated in Candlelight for many years. Here are some things that are different about this year’s audition/selection process:
- The maximum number of singers any school can bring on a given night is 125. This means that only Concert Choir, Advanced Women, Men’s Choir, and seniors from Ladies’ Choir & Belles Voix will audition for Candlelight.
- There will be 25 Honor Choirs selected instead of 18.
- Honor choirs will be given 3 nights instead of 4.
Singers will still be given 2 tickets for every night that they perform.
Members of Ladies’ Choir and Belles Voix may be included in our Candlelight video audition by participating in a pre-audition described below.
- LOOK at the audition cuts for “O Holy Night” and “What Child is This” (click the links to view/print the sheet music) MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE AUDITION CUTS AND SING THE AUDITION CUTS ONLY.
- LEARN your part for the audition portion of the song. Do this using these part tracks.
- RECORD yourself singing BOTH selections. At the beginning of each of the recordings, CLEARLY and SLOWLY say your first and last name and the voice part you are singing. You may make one recording for each selection, of one recording with both selections on it.
- Recordings may be either audio or video. MP3 is recommended for audio recordings and YouTube is recommended for video recordings. If we can’t open your files, then your recordings will not be judged.
- Record the song with the track, but YOU SHOULD BE HEARD on the recording. If we can only hear the recording and can’t hear you we will not judge the recording.
- CHECK your recording to make sure that you can be heard. Ask yourself if this is your best quality of work. Send in a recording that you can be proud of!
- EMAIL the recording to email@example.com by WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th at 6pm. Late recordings will not be judged. Make sure that in your subject line you include your name and voice part.
- WAIT for Mr. Doherty to judge your recordings. Results will be posted on Thursday, September 17th in the chorus room.
If you are selected from this pre-audition, you must be available to record our audition DVD (as a group) on Friday, September 18th from 2:30 – 3:30pm.
The winter chorus concert was a great success! We’ve got photos and video to prove it. 🙂
Coming this week, we have Candlelight rehearsals on Tue/Thu from 2:30-4:30pm. Then on December 28, those same students will perform at Candlelight. Please make sure you have completed and returned the Candlelight packet!
All students participating in Candlelight this year must return the THREE forms found in this document by Friday, December 12.
If you are interested in chaperoning our performance in Disney’s Candlelight Processional, please go here and complete the application. Please read the entire page before completing the application. Let us know if you have questions or concerns! All chaperone applications must be completed by December 1.
Practice “Joy to the World” at home! Only students who know their part well and have it memorized will be allowed to participate in the video audition. Remember, the Candlelight video audition is Thursday from 2:30-3:30pm in the auditorium.