As high schoolers prepare for the real world, they need to learn how to cook healthy foods without the aid of a microwave. Getting to know the kitchen before leaving the nest lessens the chance of cooking accidents or packaged diets when living alone. Click here to watch a video on how to cook an easy meal of pasta and red sauce.
- 1 box pasta of choice
- 1 jar red spaghetti sauce
- 3 quarts water
- Fill a large pot halfway with water.
- Heat pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for eight to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- While the pasta is cooking, use a sauce pan to heat red sauce on low. Keep lid on to avoid splatters.
- Strain pasta into a colander.
- Serve heated sauce over cooked pasta.