Learning how to make dishes that seem complex, that are actually rather simple is a helpful skill that will benefits students in the future. Click here to watch a video on how to make a delicious seasonal dessert, of meringue with fruit.
- 1 1/2 sleeves of graham crackers
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Seasonal fruit
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, add egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Crush graham crackers and mix with pecans.
- Fold graham cracker mixture into egg white mixture.
- Portion mixture (about the size of the palm of your hand) on a greased, lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Top with seasonal fruit and whipped cream, if desired.
Note: if you do not have a mixer, you can whisk the mixture until stiff peaks form.